31.1.12

Arnold Newman's Portraits




Chris Beetles Fine Photographs is currently showing Arnold Newman's portraits of artists, mostly photographed in their studios and working spaces (from top to bottom: Truman Capote, Yasuo Kuniyshi and Max Ernst).

I loved the pictures (classics!), and it reminded me of why I first fell in love with black and white and that I should start taking portraits again. The exhibition is free and open until 11th February, so don't miss it.

Newman has a marvellous portrait of David Hockney (one of the few in colour), looking super stylish, as usual. Speaking of my favourite artist, Hockney's A Bigger Picture at the RA is almost next door, so if you're in London anyway check that out as well. It's supposed to be amazing.

P.S. I'm coming to UCA tomorrow to talk about my project, so see you soon!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar